Apprentice Land Referencer
At Dalcour Maclaren we are different – we challenge the norm. Every day we deliver the future by playing our part in building sustainable and improved infrastructure across the UK and beyond. We provide a full range of services across the Power, Water, Telecoms and Transport sectors. Our winning formula for success is to focus on the fantastic people within our team whom we value, trust, develop and empower. We offer an A* service to our portfolio of blue-chip clients and have grown year on year to become one of the leaders in the infrastructure and utility sectors.
We are hiring Apprentices looking to kickstart their career in Land Referencing in our offices in Bicester, Birmingham and Crewe!
Our apprenticeship is a fantastic opportunity for school-leavers to learn on the job while you undertake formal studies to develop a full skill set. It’s also suitable for anyone looking for a change of career.
About Land Referencing
Land Referencing is the practice of identifying and classifying persons and organisations holding legal interests and rights over land subject to development.
One of the core functions of conducting a land referencing exercise is to provide supporting evidence, documentation and information for an acquiring authority to obtain land for large development or infrastructure projects such as airport expansion, railway construction and large shopping centres.
As an Apprentice Land Referencer you will:
- under guidance, take part in exciting, high-profile projects by acting as a point of contact between affected parties, communities, and organisational delivery teams to successfully submit Development Consent Order (DCO) and Compulsory Purchase Order (CPOs) Books of Reference on behalf of our clients
- work closely with the team to collect, interpret and review land ownership data to be presented to our clients in a variety of formats
- have an eye for detail to ensure all relevant information is identified, extracted, verified, and uploaded to our bespoke internal land referencing database
- visit sites to record and update land ownership data
- receive full training and ongoing mentoring whilst you develop your Land Referencing knowledge
The successful candidate will:
- have functional Skills Level 2 English and Math
- have great IT skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- have an analytical way of thinking with excellent attention to detail.
- have the ability to manage a large amount of both quantitative and qualitative data
- possess excellent organisational skills, be results-driven and a keen problem solver
- have great verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- be able to work both independently and contribute to discussions as part of a team
- have some awareness of GIS, and experience in collecting and analysing data (desirable)
- have avalid UK driving licence and the willingness to travel to site and project locations
Benefit package highlights
- Annual performance bonus scheme
- Private Healthcare (through Vitality Health)
- Life Insurance (4x Salary)
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave
- Electric Vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles)
- Professional Development – paid study leave
- Military Service paid leave (7.5 days per year)
- Flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- Subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts
- Charity support – volunteering your time encouraged
- Cycle to work Scheme
Dalcour Maclaren are an equal opportunities employer.