Apprentice Surveyor (JR436)
Dalcour Maclaren is an innovative and highly dynamic multi-disciplinary consultancy working on huge range of exciting and diverse projects for a growing client base within Utilities and Infrastructure – think HS2, Offshore wind farms and Nuclear Energy! We are immensely proud to be working on some of the largest infrastructure projects taking place across the UK (and beyond!) which are instrumental in shaping the future of our planet. If you want to play your part in helping the earth become more sustainable, and to reach NetZero by 2050, you would be making the right choice by joining the team here at Dalcour Maclaren.
Our 5-year Apprenticeship gives you the knowledge, experience and qualification you need to start a career as a rural Chartered Surveyor. You’ll get hands-on experience at the UK’s leading Utility and Infrastructure Surveying Firm, working on various exciting projects across airports, road, rail, water, telecoms and power. You will join a super dynamic team, who will fully support you through your studies and help you achieve your future career ambitions. You can read more about our apprenticeship route here: Surveyor Apprenticeship | Dalcour Maclaren
What is Surveying?
Surveyors advise clients on legal issues relating to land and property. They value the assets of farms and estates, in addition to wider land and property management. The professional service advice they provide to clients on challenges around land ownership, compensation claims, and potential project risks is extremely valuable to the client, and critical to ensure infrastructure projects are able to go ahead in the most safe and effective way. Throughout our apprenticeship programme, you would be involved in negotiating compensation claims, liaising with landowners and working on large compulsory purchase projects.
Who is it for?
This apprenticeship is a fantastic opportunity for school leavers to get a head start on establishing a career in Surveying, without going to university full time, and without the associated huge university debts hanging over your shoulders!
It is ideal for those who have a genuine interest in property and land management, or those are looking to turn their rural, agricultural or farming background into a professional services career.
As an Apprentice Surveyor you will:
- Work as part of a team to assist in the delivery of land and property advice and services to and on behalf of clients
- Help research data from a range of sources
- Work with colleagues and teams to collect, analyse and present information to clients
- Assist in the database maintenance
- Assist in site surveys and visits
- Under guidance, help prepare and deliver reports, plans, notices, schedules and other formal and legal documents
- Engage in a timely and professional manner with clients and a range of internal and external stakeholders including contractors, consultants, landowners and occupiers
- Provide the business with ad-hoc assistance on other projects when necessary
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 5 GCSEs, including English and Maths or equivalent
- Have a full UK driving licence and their own transport
- Be passionate about delivering a sustainable future
- Be a keen learner who is comfortable tackling new challenges in a fun environment
- Enjoy collaborating with others
- Have great attention to detail
Why Dalcour Maclaren? What makes us different?!
Really and truly, it’s our people and our culture. We are ‘One Team’, and this is the lifeblood of our organisation. We champion new ideas and are fully committed to Corporate Social Responsibility, and our Diversity & Inclusion. Our winning formula for success is investing in the fantastic people within our team to deliver an unparalleled and unique service to our clients. If you are looking to work for a growing organisation who are not afraid to be brave, bold, and push the boundaries to challenge the ‘norm’, then a career with DM should be the one for you!
- Annual performance bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- Private healthcare (through Vitality Health)
- Generous pension scheme
- Life insurance (4x Salary)
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave
- Electric vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles)
- Professional development – paid study leave
- Military service paid leave (7.5 days per year)
- Flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts
- Charity support – volunteering your time encouraged
- Cycle to work scheme
Dalcour Maclaren are an equal opportunities employer.