Associate Surveyor – Bicester/Crewe
At Dalcour Maclaren we are different – we challenge the norm.
Every day we deliver the future by playing our part in building sustainable and improved infrastructure across the UK and beyond. We provide a full range of services across the Power, Water, Telecoms and Transport sectors, and have grown year on year to become one of the leaders in the infrastructure and utility sectors. Our winning formula for success is to focus on the fantastic people within our team whom we value, trust, develop and empower.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for an Associate Surveyor to join our teams in Bicester and Crewe and support our fresh approach to deliver the future by playing our part in building sustainable and improved infrastructure in the UK and beyond.
As an Associate Surveyor you will:
- motivate and manage a team in the delivery of land and property advice and services for our clients
- set out, manage and review team objectives in line with company business plan and strategies, taking pride in and full ownership of the standard of work, financial performance, client satisfaction and team performance
- develop strong working relationships with both external clients and stakeholders and own team, holding regular meetings to report on key milestones and acting on feedback and suggestions to drive and improve DM service scores
- provide ad hoc assistance on other projects to deliver high-level strategic advice, to resolve complex or sensitive issues and seek financial and operational gains
- monitor and ensure team time recording and client reporting requirements are met, maximizing billing and taking responsibility for meeting and exceeding financial targets whilst always maintaining gross margin
- provide supportive line management, holding regular constructive one-to-ones, empowering individuals by recognising achievements, encouraging feedback and effective delegation whilst also being able to hold difficult conversations
- ensure compliance with relevant legal, regulatory, contractual and organisational requirements and policies in own area of responsibility
- display clear commercial awareness and contribute to team and company growth by generating new work from new and existing clients through networking and cross-selling of professional services
- lead by example, actively promoting the company’s ethos and always engendering positivity to get the best out of people
- maintain and improve own expert knowledge and skills through company run and specialist CPD
The successful candidate will:
- have experience of the application and construction elements of a major project
- have experience of managing client relationships and finances to help deliver each client’s business plan goals.
- be a natural problem solver and enjoy delivering results
- be a great team player and have a can-do attitude
- have a full UK driving licence
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer:
- annual performance bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- private healthcare (through Vitality Health)
- life insurance (4x Salary)
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave
- electric vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles)
- professional development – paid study leave
- military service paid leave (7.5 days per year)
- flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance
- free on-site parking
- subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts
- charity support – volunteering your time encouraged
- cycle to work scheme
Dalcour Maclaren are an equal opportunities employer.