GIS Specialist – Bicester
At Dalcour Maclaren we are different – we challenge the norm.
Every day we deliver the future by playing our part in building sustainable and improved infrastructure across the UK and beyond. We provide a full range of services across the Power, Water, Telecoms and Transport sectors, and have grown year on year to become one of the leaders in the infrastructure and utility sectors. Our winning formula for success is to focus on the fantastic people within our team whom we value, trust, develop and empower.
Our Geomatics team is looking for a keen and forward-looking GIS Specialist to join and support our innovative approach to delivering excellence to our clients.
As a GIS Specialist you will:
- produce accurate GIS plans that will range from land ownership, access, utility routing, and legal plans.
- obtain, manage and analyse data from a range of sources including the Land Registry, Ordnance Survey, Environment Agency and Utility companies to support and provide expert advice to our clients
- utilise the latest technology to update online mapping systems and mobile applications to continually innovate and improve our service to new and existing clients
- utilise data via our bespoke databases and processes, ensuring data quality standards are met and always maintained
- be supported to manage data for large, multi-faceted projects and have the opportunity to work with and across a wide range of clients and schemes
The successful candidate will:
- have an excellent knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS software for spatial data capture, management, and analysis
- have a strong map production skill with excellent attention to detail to ensure all outputs are to the highest standard
- have a familiarity with Land Registry, Ordnance Survey, and other UK wide datasets / sources
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- be a great team player and have a can-do attitude
- be able to work on their own initiative, organising workloads to meet tight project deadlines
- have a full UK driving licence and the willingness to travel to site and project locations
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer:
- annual performance bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- private healthcare (through Vitality Health)
- life insurance (4x Salary)
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave
- electric vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles)
- professional development – paid study leave
- military service paid leave (7.5 days per year)
- flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance
- free on-site parking
- subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts
- charity support – volunteering your time encouraged
- cycle to work scheme
Dalcour Maclaren are an equal opportunities employer.