Graduate Land Referencer
At Dalcour Maclaren we are different – we challenge the norm.
Every day we deliver the future by playing our part in building sustainable and improved infrastructure across the UK and beyond. We provide a full range of services across the Power, Water, Telecoms and Transport sectors, and have grown year on year to become one of the leaders in the infrastructure and utility sectors. Our winning formula for success is to focus on the fantastic people within our team whom we value, trust, develop and empower.
Our Geomatics graduate programme grants you the opportunity to learn a diverse range of skills across GIS, CAD, Land Referencing and Land Surveying and to become involved in a variety of projects across different sectors. The diversity and range of skills we cover in the DM programme are unique: we ensure that strengths and personal skills are maximised, and we equip our graduates with a robust baseline of Geomatics knowledge allowing them to develop their individual skills and career further.
As a Graduate Land Referencer you will:
- play a key and wide-ranging role in exciting, high-profile projects by acting as a consistent point of contact between affected parties, communities, and organisational delivery teams to successfully submit Development Consent Order (DCO) and Compulsory Purchase Order (CPOs) Books of Reference on behalf of our clients
- work closely with Project Managers and GIS Specialists to collect, interpret and review land ownership data to be presented to our clients in a variety of formats
- develop and maintain your knowledge and skills via the DM Academy training
- play a key role in the team by supporting, communicating and helping your colleagues
The successful candidate will:
- have a degree in an area broadly related to land (e.g., Geography, Geospatial science, Estate or Property Management, Planning, Land or Property Law)
- have an eye for detail to ensure all relevant information is identified, extracted, verified, and uploaded to our bespoke internal land referencing database
- have an awareness of GIS (desirable)
- have the ability to manage a large amount of both quantitative and qualitative data
- be results-driven and a keen problem solver
- be a great team player with a can-do attitude
- have a full UK driving licence and the willingness to travel to site and project locations
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer:
- annual performance bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- private healthcare (through Vitality Health)
- life insurance (4x Salary)
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave
- electric vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles)
- professional development – paid study leave
- military service paid leave (7.5 days per year)
- flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance
- free on-site parking
- subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts
- charity support – volunteering your time encouraged
- cycle to work scheme
Dalcour Maclaren are an equal opportunities employer.