Junior Finance Business Partner
Dalcour Maclaren is an innovative and highly dynamic multi-disciplinary consultancy working on a huge range of exciting and diverse projects for a growing client base within Utilities and Infrastructure – think HS2, Offshore wind farms and Nuclear Energy! We are immensely proud to be working on some of the largest infrastructure projects taking place across the UK (and beyond!) which are instrumental in shaping the future of our planet. If you want to play your part in helping the earth become more sustainable, and to reach NetZero by 2050, you would be making the right choice by joining the team here at Dalcour Maclaren.
As our business continues to expand rapidly, we present an exciting opportunity for a Junior Finance Business Partner to join our dynamic finance team. We’re seeking an individual with a sharp commercial acumen and the ability to collaborate with client leads and key stakeholders, ensuring financial targets are met and stronger commercial awareness is cultivated throughout the organisation.
As a Junior Finance Business Partner at Dalcour Maclaren, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a forward-thinking team that is shaping the future of infrastructure. You will be exposed to a wide range of financial challenges and work closely with the Finance Business Partner; client leads and stakeholders to make a significant impact on our financial success.
As a Junior Finance Business Partner you will:
- Work in close collaboration with the Finance Business Partner and key stakeholders to deeply understand the financial needs of the business.
- Play a pivotal role in developing and executing financial strategies alongside the Finance Business Partner.
- Assist in the preparation, analysis, and presentation of financial reports, budgets, and forecasts.
- Provide essential insights to guide decision-making, working closely with the Finance Business Partner to ensure data accuracy and relevance.
- Regularly monitor the financial performance of various aspects of the business, identifying variances and areas for improvement.
- Report these findings to the Finance Business Partner in a monthly report, supporting their decision-making process.
- Engage with non-financial teams to enhance their financial literacy and foster a culture of commercial awareness. This may involve conducting training sessions, offering one-on-one guidance, and creating accessible financial resources, all with the goal of aiding the Finance Business Partner’s objectives.
- Actively participate in cross-functional projects aimed at promoting financial excellence and efficiency.
- Contribute to achieving financial objectives in various operational areas, supporting the Finance Business Partner in their broader strategic efforts.
- Provide Maternity Cover for Management accounts Assistant.
- Support Finance Business Partner and Financial Accountant in preparation of Monthly Management Accounts
- Take ownership of Fixed Assets, Accruals, and prepayments schedules and assist Junior Accountant on monthly bank reconciliation.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legal, regulatory, contractual, and organisational requirements and policies in own area of responsibility.
The successful candidate will:
- Be actively Working towards ACCA/CIMA .
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have a commercial mindset and ability to translate financial data into actionable insights.
- Have Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to collaborate effectively with individuals from various departments.
- Be detail-oriented and proficient in financial analysis tools and software.
- Be eager to learn and grow within the finance team.
Why Dalcour Maclaren? What makes us different?!
Really and truly, it’s our people and our culture. We are ‘One Team’, and this is the lifeblood of our organisation. We champion new ideas and are fully committed to Corporate Social Responsibility, and our Diversity & Inclusion. Our winning formula for success is investing in the fantastic people within our team to deliver an unparalleled and unique service to our clients. If you are looking to work for a growing organisation who are not afraid to be brave, bold, and push the boundaries to challenge the ‘norm’, then a career with DM should be the one for you!
- Annual performance bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- Private healthcare (through Vitality Health)
- Generous pension scheme
- Life insurance (4x Salary)
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave
- Electric vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles)
- Professional development – paid study leave
- Military service paid leave (7.5 days per year)
- Flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts
- Charity support – volunteering your time encouraged
- Cycle to work scheme
Dalcour Maclaren are an equal opportunities employer.