At Dalcour Maclaren we are different – we challenge the norm.
Every day we deliver the future by playing our part in building sustainable and improved infrastructure across the UK and beyond. We provide a full range of services across the Power, Water, Telecoms and Transport sectors, and have grown year on year to become one of the leaders in the infrastructure and utility sectors. Our winning formula for success is to focus on the fantastic people within our team whom we value, trust, develop and empower.
As our business continues to grow rapidly, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Lead to be the key stakeholder in implementing payroll in our recently acquired ERP system (Workday), with the support of our Finance, People and Future Tech teams. The role holder will lead the transition to the insourcing of payroll from our current outsourced solution. This is an exciting opportunity for a competent individual to shape their vision and create impact in a fast moving, agile business.
As the Payroll Lead you will:
- lead a first-class proactive service to the business and all its employees whilst embracing innovation and technology
- manage all aspects of payroll through our ERP system (Workday) including salary, pension, absences & leave, benefits (e.g., car, healthcare), statutory deductions, starter checklists/P45s
- manage the payroll inbox and answering employee questions or queries about salaries and payments
- review our processes and drive for efficiencies and improvements
- manage coordination and collaboration with external parties regarding payroll and benefits
- manage data and financial security across payroll processes
- perform checks on monthly reports including net variances and comparisons between payroll and HR systems
The successful candidate will:
- have a minimum of 3+ years’ experience in payroll delivered to 500+ people
- have an excellent knowledge of UK legislation relevant to payroll
- operate to a high level of accuracy and have great communication skills
- have some experience of Workday or similar ERP system
- be passionate about their work and, most importantly, have fun!
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer:
- annual performance bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- private healthcare (through Vitality Health)
- life insurance (4x Salary)
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave
- electric vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles)
- professional development – paid study leave
- military service paid leave (7.5 days per year)
- flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance
- free on-site parking
- subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts
- charity support – volunteering your time encouraged
- cycle to work scheme
Dalcour Maclaren are an equal opportunities employer.