Senior Developer – Bicester (JR614)
Dalcour Maclaren is an innovative and highly dynamic multi-disciplinary consultancy working on a huge range of exciting and diverse projects for a growing client base within Utilities and Infrastructure – think HS2, Offshore wind farms and Nuclear Energy! We are immensely proud to be working on some of the largest infrastructure projects taking place across the UK (and beyond!) which are instrumental in shaping the future of our planet. If you want to play your part in helping the earth become more sustainable, and to reach NetZero by 2050, you would be making the right choice by joining the team here at Dalcour Maclaren.
At Dalcour Maclaren we do things differently and are continuously investing in the latest technology to create innovative solutions and deliver the best possible service to our clients. As our Senior Developer, you’ll be right at the heart of DM’s digital transformation, building applications to automate processes and underpin our industry-leading services. You will be critical to the entire innovation process, taking ownership of the applications we create in line with our ambitious innovation strategy. This is a unique opportunity for a for an experienced developer to influence our approach and join us at a pivotal time for technology and innovation.
As a Senior Developer you will:
- Develop applications following agile methodology in Microsoft, Azure and Power platforms.
- Advise on optimal solution architecture to meet application requirements.
- Support deployed applications to resolve bugs and improve functionality and capabilities.
- Get under the bonnet of our core systems to advise on opportunities for improvement.
- Manage appropriately development tasks in conjunction with third party development partners.
- Use expertise in development tools and the latest technology to influence our long-term digital strategy.
- Be passionate about application development and delivering outstanding products that will add maximum value to the business
- Simplify and communicate technical information to non-technical team members
The successful candidate will have experience in:
- Full stack development including proficient usage of the following languages: Java Script, HTML, CSS, Python, SQL
- Cloud platform via deploying web apps, integration set up, cloud infrastructure setup following industry best practice
- Full application lifecycle process knowledge including extensive experience in security implementation and testing processes
- Working with non-technical team members to troubleshoot software and fix bugs
- Low code application build
- Collaboration with a range of departments and SMEs of varying technical ability on projects
- Knowledge of the Azure platform, with specific experience in ADF, Synapse, Azure SQL DB, Azure Web Apps, Azure Dev Ops, and Azure AI services
- Experience of building low code canvas, model and portal driven applications using the Microsoft Power Platform suite
- Experience in use and integration of AI tools in applications
- Experience of application development using an AGILE methodology
- Microsoft certifications related to cloud development
- Degree educated in a related discipline
Why Dalcour Maclaren? What makes us different?!
Really and truly, it’s our people and our culture. We are ‘One Team’, and this is the lifeblood of our organisation. We champion new ideas and are fully committed to Corporate Social Responsibility, and our Diversity & Inclusion. Our winning formula for success is investing in the fantastic people within our team to deliver an unparalleled and unique service to our clients. If you are looking to work for a growing organisation who are not afraid to be brave, bold, and push the boundaries to challenge the ‘norm’, then a career with DM should be the one for you!
- Annual performance bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- Private healthcare (through Vitality Health)
- Generous pension scheme
- Life insurance (4x Salary)
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave
- Electric vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles)
- Professional development – paid study leave
- Military service paid leave (7.5 days per year)
- Flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts
- Charity support – volunteering your time encouraged
- Cycle to work scheme
Dalcour Maclaren are an equal opportunities employer.