Senior Land Referencer
At Dalcour Maclaren we are different – we challenge the norm.
Every day we deliver the future by playing our part in building sustainable and improved infrastructure across the UK and beyond. We provide a full range of services across the Power, Water, Telecoms and Transport sectors, and have grown year on year to become one of the leaders in the infrastructure and utility sectors. Our winning formula for success is to focus on the fantastic people within our team whom we value, trust, develop and empower.
Due to our expanding Geomatics team, we are looking for an experienced Senior Land Referencer to join our team to aid in the delivery and management of exciting workstreams. With great flexibility on office location, this is a great chance for an ambitious Land Referencer looking to grow their skill set and expertise further within an innovative company.
As a Senior Land Referencer you will:
- play a key and wide-ranging role in exciting, high-profile projects by acting as a consistent point of contact between affected parties, communities, and organisational delivery teams to successfully submit Development Consent Order (DCO) and Compulsory Purchase Order (CPOs) Books of Reference on behalf of our clients
- manage projects and requests, ensuring requirements and objectives are met, building positive relationships with clients and the team
- lead in identifying key data sources, engaging with suppliers to license, obtain and set up the required environment and process to gain best value of them
- have an eye for detail to ensure all relevant information is identified, extracted, verified, and uploaded to our bespoke internal land referencing database
- have strong communication skills when meeting with project stakeholders to record and update land ownership data.
- understand all client requirements to provide guidance to junior team members and quality assure deliverables to ensure standards are met
- carry out work in compliance with relevant legal, statutory, contractual, and organisational requirements and policies.
- be commercially aware, maintain good records and requests to provide regular client updates and ensure accurate billing.
The successful candidate will:
- have experience of land referencing for development consent order (DCO) and compulsory purchase order (CPO) projects
- have expert knowledge of the statutory processes and be comfortable mentoring and training members of the team to ensure quality standards are maintained at all times
- be client facing and will be confident communicating with stakeholders of all levels
- have great IT skills, be familiar with GIS and be ready to take on new challenges.
- have excellent attention to detail and organisational skills, be results-driven and a keen problem solver
- have the ability to manage a large amount of both quantitative and qualitative data
- have an awareness of GIS (desirable)
- have a full UK driving licence and willingness to travel to site and project locations
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer:
- annual performance bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- private healthcare (through Vitality Health)
- life insurance (4x Salary)
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave
- electric vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles)
- professional development – paid study leave
- military service paid leave (7.5 days per year)
- flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance
- free on-site parking
- subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts
- charity support – volunteering your time encouraged
- cycle to work scheme
Dalcour Maclaren are an equal opportunities employer.