Senior Surveyor – Crewe/Derby/Leeds
At Dalcour Maclaren we are different – we challenge the norm.
Every day we deliver the future by playing our part in building sustainable and improved infrastructure across the UK and beyond. We provide a full range of services across the Power, Water, Telecoms and Transport sectors, and have grown year on year to become one of the leaders in the infrastructure and utility sectors. Our winning formula for success is to focus on the fantastic people within our team whom we value, trust, develop and empower.
The offshore wind farm sector is one of the most import stakeholders in the UK’s work towards NetZero in 2050. Dalcour Maclaren are one of the largest providers of Development Consent Order (DCO) services to the offshore wind sector with a large inhouse expert team. We have recently been instructed to assist in the delivery of a further three offshore wind farms for a large British multinational oil and gas company. To successfully deliver these exciting workstreams we are looking to appoint a Senior Surveyor.
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified surveyor (MRICS/AssocRICS) who is looking take the next step in their career. You will gain end to end experience of the DCO process whilst developing technical skillsets and knowledge specific to the renewables sector. In addition, we will provide you with opportunities to develop you people management and client care skills.
As a Senior Surveyor you will:
- have the ability to interpret and implement client strategies consistently across the three wind farms whilst aligning with Dalcour Maclaren DCO processes
- provide a market leading service to our client, delivering tasks to a high standard on time and efficiently
- manage the day-to-day operational aspects to include finance (WIP, debt management, invoicing, forecasting, utilisation), client data reporting, service and team requirements
- monitor team performance against business plan targets and report progress to client lead
- develop strong working relationships with external clients, stakeholders and the DM team
The successful candidate will:
- be a passionate people manager with a desire to bring out the best in all of their team
- have either DCO or Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO) experience although training is available
- understand and demonstrate what excellent customer service means
- have strong commercial and business acumen
- have excellent communication skills
- be able to be based in Crewe, Leeds or Derby, or be prepared to relocate to one of these offices on a permanent basis
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer:
- annual performance bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- private healthcare (through Vitality Health)
- life insurance (4x Salary)
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave
- electric vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles)
- professional development – paid study leave
- military service paid leave (7.5 days per year)
- flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance
- free on-site parking
- subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts
- charity support – volunteering your time encouraged
- cycle to work scheme
Dalcour Maclaren are an equal opportunities employer.