Surveying Placement Student
At Dalcour Maclaren we are different – we challenge the norm.
Every day we deliver the future by playing our part in building sustainable and improved infrastructure across the UK and beyond. We provide a full range of services across the Power, Water, Telecoms and Transport sectors, and have grown year on year to become one of the leaders in the infrastructure and utility sectors. Our winning formula for success is to focus on the
We are looking for a Surveying Placement Student to join our team and undertake basic surveying tasks as part of the service we provide our clients whilst fulfilling their own academic requirements.
As a Placement Student you will:
- work as part of a team to assist in the delivery of land and property advice and services to and on behalf of our clients
- assist in carrying out a variety of tasks under limited supervision, using initiative and a proactive approach to ensure client deadlines and objectives are met, taking pride and ownership in the quality of work delivered
- ensure client deadlines and objectives are met, complete work in compliance with relevant legal, regulatory and organisational policies and requirements
- develop strong working relationships with client personnel, internal and external stakeholders including contractors, consultants, landowners and occupiers, holding professional conversations, managing expectations and discussing feedback to improve the level of service provided.
- provide the business with ad-hoc assistance on other projects and to have the flexibility to work and/or relocate to offices and locations where support is required on both short- and long-term basis
- engage in company run training & development and maintain a detailed diary to meet academic and/or professional body (e.g. RICS) requirements whilst fulfilling any other requirements set by the university, including writing assignments and attending progress review meetings
- attend company events and socials and embrace the DM values, adopting a positive attitude in the workplace.
The successful candidate will:
- be studying a RICS accredited or relevant degree
- be a natural problem solver
- enjoy delivering results with a team
- be a great team player and have a can-do attitude
- have a full UK driving license
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer:
- annual performance bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- private healthcare (through Vitality Health)
- life insurance (4x Salary)
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave
- electric vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles)
- professional development – paid study leave
- military service paid leave (7.5 days per year)
- flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance
- free on-site parking
- subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts
- charity support – volunteering your time encouraged
- cycle to work scheme
Dalcour Maclaren are an equal opportunities employer.