Surveyor – Bicester
At Dalcour Maclaren we are different – we challenge the norm.
Every day we deliver the future by playing our part in building sustainable and improved infrastructure across the UK and beyond. We provide a full range of services across the Power, Water, Telecoms and Transport sectors, and have grown year on year to become one of the leaders in the infrastructure and utility sectors. Our winning formula for success is to focus on the fantastic people within our team whom we value, trust, develop and empower.
Due to the continued growth of the Dalcour Maclaren Telecoms Sector in 2022 and our anticipated growth in 2023, we have an exciting opportunity for Surveyors to join our expanding and friendly Telecoms Team. You’ll be involved in managing all aspects of site delivery and project management including new sites, NTQs, BAU/upgrades, macro and microcell sites, and street works reporting directly to clients. You will also be involved in planning submissions and related planning work, including liaison with LPAs and other consultants and suppliers.
There will be further opportunities in supporting with the growth of the team in areas such as estates, decomms, disposals, wayleave and consenting work.
As a Surveyor you will:
- deliver land and property advice and services to and on behalf of clients.
- deliver a range of tasks and/or schemes, to a high standard. Using initiative and a proactive approach to ensure client deadlines and objectives are met, taking pride and ownership in the quality of work delivered.
- develop strong working relationships with client personnel, internal and external stakeholders including contractors, consultants, landowners and occupiers, holding professional conversations, managing expectations and discussing feedback to improve the level of service provided.
- support the development of more junior members of staff when required and, if applicable, develop line management skills and provide constructive line management to own direct reports, engaging in regular progress review and feedback meetings and delegating tasks effectively.
- share own experience to support the development of people in the wider organisation whilst maintaining and improving your knowledge and skills through specialist CPD.
- participate in and support company groups, initiatives, events and social activities and embrace DM’s values, engendering a positive attitude within the workplace.
The successful candidate will:
- be a natural problem solver and enjoy delivering results
- be experienced in leading a team or projects
- be a great team player and have a can-do attitude
- hold either MRICS or AssocRICS accreditation
- have a full UK driving licence
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer:
- annual performance bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- private healthcare (through Vitality Health)
- life insurance (4x Salary)
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave
- electric vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles)
- professional development – paid study leave
- military service paid leave (7.5 days per year)
- flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance
- free on-site parking
- subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts
- charity support – volunteering your time encouraged
- cycle to work scheme
Dalcour Maclaren are an equal opportunities employer.