Surveyor – Leeds/Scotch Corner
At Dalcour Maclaren we are different – we challenge the norm.
Every day we deliver the future by playing our part in building sustainable and improved infrastructure across the UK and beyond. We provide a full range of services across the Power, Water, Telecoms and Transport sectors, and have grown year on year to become one of the leaders in the infrastructure and utility sectors. Our winning formula for success is to focus on the fantastic people within our team whom we value, trust, develop and empower.
Our Power Generation team is looking for a dynamic and ambitious Surveyor to join them and contribute to their successful track record of delivering CCUS, Hydrogen and offshore wind projects. If you have a commercial outlook, are happy to be based either in Leeds or Scotch Corner and are keen to progress your career in an innovative and forward-thinking company, this role is for you.
As a Surveyor you will:
- deliver land and property advice and services to and on behalf of clients
- deliver a range of tasks and/or schemes, with assistance and consultation with senior team members, to a high standard
- use initiative and a proactive approach to ensure client deadlines and objectives are met, taking pride and ownership in the quality of work delivered
- develop strong working relationships with client personnel and internal and external stakeholders including contractors, consultants, landowners and occupiers, holding professional conversations, managing expectations and discussing feedback to improve the level of service provided
- maintain up to date record keeping on all projects and tasks you are working on including meeting notes, comprehensive file updates and records of activities
- complete work in compliance with relevant legal, regulatory and organisational policies and requirements.
- hold professional conversations, managing expectations and discussing feedback to improve the level of service provided to clients and colleagues
- support the development of more junior members of staff when required and, if applicable, develop line management skills and provide constructive line management to own direct reports, engaging in regular progress review and feedback meetings and delegating tasks effectively
- share own experience to support the development of people in the wider organisation whilst maintaining and improving your knowledge and skills through specialist CPD
- participate in and support company groups, initiatives, events and social activities and embrace DM’s values, engendering a positive attitude within the workplace
The successful candidate will:
- be a natural problem solver and enjoy delivering results
- be experienced in leading a team or projects
- be a great team player and have a can-do attitude
- ideally have previous CPO / DCO experience
- hold either MRICS or AssocRICS accreditation, ideally with 2+ years PQE
- have a full UK driving licence
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer:
- annual performance bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- private healthcare (through Vitality Health)
- life insurance (4x Salary)
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave
- electric vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles)
- professional development – paid study leave
- military service paid leave (7.5 days per year)
- flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance
- free on-site parking
- subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts
- charity support – volunteering your time encouraged
- cycle to work scheme
Dalcour Maclaren are an equal opportunities employer.