Environmental Planner – Tewkesbury (Other office locations can be considered)
A career at Dalcour Maclaren brings great opportunities to work with well known organisations within Utilities & Infrastructure, including Telecoms, Power, Transport and Water, as well as Built Development clients. People at Dalcour Maclaren are the most important part of the business, and we ensure they feel recognised and valued for the work they do.
Are you looking to become a chartered member of your professional institution such as IEMA, RTPI or CIWEM? If so, we want to hear from you!
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave + 1 extra day for your birthday + bank holidays
- Professional development to further your career
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive pension plan
- Yearly bonus scheme
- Private healthcare
- Yearly Summer & Christmas celebrations
What will I be doing?
You will be supporting the development and growth of our Environmental Planning team. They are working on a wide variety of projects, varying from high-profile infrastructure projects across the UK to built development residential and mixed-use schemes.
You’ll work with internal and external teams, liaising with clients, local planning authority officers and key stakeholders. You’ll be undertaking planning appraisals, site and route feasibility and advising clients on planning and environmental constraints. You’ll be writing planning supporting statements, reviewing, checking and applying relevant policy, regulations and legislation and undertaking permitted development assessments for a variety of different development types. You’ll be working with client teams on development and design proposals, informing masterplanning and land use decisions and assisting with the delivery of medium/large scale utility, infrastructure, energy, residential and commercial projects.
What are we looking for?
- A degree in an Environmental related discipline and ideally an MSc in Environmental Impact Assessment course.
- An understanding of environmental technical disciplines at a high level.
- Familiar with GIS systems.
- Results driven and organised
- An excellent communicator
4 Bredon Court, Brockeridge Court, Twyning, Tewkesbury, GL20 6FF (other office locations can be considered)