If you’re a dynamic, ambitious GIS professional who is looking for your next career step to join an exciting, growing, and dynamic business, we want to hear from you!
A career at Dalcour Maclaren brings great opportunities to work with well known organisations within Utilities & Infrastructure. People at Dalcour Maclaren are the most important part of the business, and we ensure they feel recognised and valued for the work they do.
WHAT TO EXPECT
As a GIS (Geographical Information Systems) Specialist in our busy and expanding Geomatics team you’ll produce accurate GIS plans that will range from land ownership, access, utility routing, and legal plans. You’ll obtain, manage and analyse data from a range of sources including the Land Registry, Ordnance Survey, Environment Agency and Utility companies to support and provide expert advice to our clients.
You will utilise the latest technology to develop online mapping systems and mobile applications to continually innovate and improve our service to new and existing clients. You will manage data using our bespoke databases and processes, ensuring data quality standards are met and always maintained.
You will be given responsibility for managing the data for large, multi-faceted projects and the opportunity to work with and across a wide range of clients and schemes.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
You will be a have good all-round experience in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and have used ESRI ArcGIS software for spatial data capture, management and analysis. You may have a degree or postgraduate qualification in GIS or a closely related subject such as Geography, Surveying, Land Management with a large GIS component and over 2 years’ experience in a GIS related role.
- Have a strong map production background with excellent attention to detail to ensure all outputs are to the highest standard
- Be familiar with online mapping applications and associated web applications
- Have a familiarity with UK wide datasets / sources
- Be passionate about GIS and may have some experience of utilities, energy, and infrastructure projects.
- Have knowledge of spatial databases
- Have great written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work closely with internal and external stakeholders. If you have an awareness of surveying and a commercial awareness that would be beneficial.
- Be an enthusiastic team player with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude to work
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to work on their own initiative, organising workloads to meet tight project deadlines
SO WHY US?
You will be joining a growing business with ambitious growth plans that encourages personal and professional development. You’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a fantastic team, along with excellent benefits including a competitive pension plan and bonus scheme. Make Dalcour Maclaren the perfect place to continue your journey.
Location: Unit 1, Bignell Park Barns, Chesterton, Bicester, Oxfordshire OX26 1TD
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits including Annual Bonus, Pension, Private Healthcare, and Professional Development
Closing Date: Friday 4th December 2020
Dalcour Maclaren is committed to equal opportunities for all.
Dalcour Maclaren considers that this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the Home Office Shortage Occupation List. Therefore, Dalcour Maclaren will not support an application for visa sponsorship and all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work for an indefinite period in the UK.