What we do
Dalcour Maclaren have a vision to inspire a fresh approach to land and the environment for a new era. Our people and our values sit at the heart of that and are what sets us apart from our competition.
About the Role
The role of the IT Operations and Project Manager is to develop, deliver, and maintain Dalcour Maclaren’s IT operations and to lead and support the delivery of IT projects. The role will identify and improve the technology landscape to ensure the business has the right tools to enable better and informed decision-making.
The IT Operations and Project Manager will ensure that the IT operational service is developed and delivered as efficiently as possible while always upholding agreed-upon security and compliance standards. The role will establish rules and procedures to ensure that our IT estate and operation is effective and secure.
The role presents a significant opportunity to develop and support innovation within the business. The IT Operations and Project Manager will also lead and support internal and external IT projects.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing a small team and people outside of direct reporting including third party providers
- Innovating and demonstrating knowledge of the latest technology landscape
- Taking ownership of issues from identification to resolution
- Working with and managing cloud-based technology
- Dealing with day to day IT issues as well as looking to the future
- Delivering a secure and compliant IT environment
- Managing and developing strong relationships with third party suppliers
- Managing company IT assets from setting up new offices to user devices and peripherals
- Planning, progressing, and delivering new technology and solutions using your project management skills and capability
- Leading on the management, security, and analysis of data to enable better and informed decision making
- Developing your knowledge and understanding of new technology including learning about low code technology and app development
What would be desirable
- Understanding of service management methods (e.g. ITIL)
- Advanced understanding of excel and other O365 products
- Advanced understanding of SharePoint
- Knowledge of Microsoft stack technology (asp .net)
- Understanding of ERP solutions, RPA and Machine learning technology
What We’re Looking For
Whilst relevant experience is important, we have an equally strong focus on finding the right personalities, behaviours and traits. Getting the right ‘DM fit’ is essential for our continued growth and development. An ideal candidate would embody the following characteristics:
What experience do we need
This role would suit someone who is looking to progress and develop their career within the IT Operational environment and wants to work for an innovative and fun company.
You will have a solid grounding in the latest technology and be passionate about innovation and delivering service excellence. You are willing to take ownership of issues from identification to resolution whether that’s a simple query to something more complex and identify the right solution in a timely manner. Experience in developing strong relationships with teams, the business and third parties is a must.
A degree in a related subject or discipline is desirable.
What you’ll get in return
- Vibrant office with free parking
- Fun and transparent work environment
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- A day off on your Birthday!
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Private healthcare
- Company pension contributions
- Lots of charity and social activities
- Training, Learning and Development opportunities
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more