Junior CAD Specialist
If you’re a dynamic, ambitious CAD professional who is looking for your next career step to join an exciting, growing, and dynamic business, we want to hear from you!
A career at Dalcour Maclaren brings great opportunities to work with well known organisations within Utilities & Infrastructure. People at Dalcour Maclaren are the most important part of the business, and we ensure they feel recognised and valued for the work they do.
WHAT TO EXPECT
As a Junior CAD Specialist in our busy and expanding Geomatics team you’ll produce accurate CAD plans that will range from land ownership, access, utility routing, and legal plans. You’ll obtain, manage and utilise data from a range of sources including the Land Registry, Ordnance Survey, Environment Agency and Utility companies.
You will have the opportunity to carry out GPS surveys and use the data collected to improve our plans and inform our clients. You’ll manage the data using our bespoke databases and processes, ensuring data quality standards are met.
You’ll work with our team to continuously review our processes and service to our internal and external clients.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
You will have an interest and some experience of CAD and may have used AutoCAD or other industry standard software.
You will, with appropriate training and guidance:
- Produce detailed drawings using company CAD software and hardware
- Interpret HM Land Registry title plans, utility maps and as-laid drawings received from contractors, to create and deliver up to date, accurate drawings to support our consultancy advice
- Be able to scale or re-scale maps using reference sources to ensure geographical accuracy
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail, productivity and quality
- Be passionate about CAD and all the capabilities it has
- Have great written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work closely with internal and external stakeholders.
- Be an enthusiastic team player with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude to work
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to work on their own initiative, organising workloads to meet tight project deadlines
SO WHY US?
You will be joining a growing business with ambitious growth plans that encourages personal and professional development. You will find the opportunities to further your career with a fantastic team, along with excellent benefits including a competitive pension plan and bonus scheme. Make Dalcour Maclaren the perfect place to continue your journey.
Location: Unit 1, Bignell Park Barns, Chesterton, Bicester, Oxfordshire OX26 1TD
- 25 days annual leave + 1 extra day for your birthday + bank holidays
- Flexible working arrangements
- Car Allowance
- Annual Bonus
- Competitive pension plan
- Private Healthcare
- Professional Development
- Professional membership and training paid
- Yearly Summer & Christmas celebrations
Dalcour Maclaren is committed to equal opportunities for all.
Dalcour Maclaren considers that this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the Home Office Shortage Occupation List. Therefore, Dalcour Maclaren will not support an application for visa sponsorship and all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work for an indefinite period in the UK.