Land your new career with Dalcour Maclaren today! We are recruiting a Land Surveyor, across our Utilities and Infrastructure sectors working on exciting projects, with fantastic benefits such as flexible working, healthcare, yearly bonus, and so much more.
Location: Central – Bignell Park Barns
Dalcour Maclaren is a leading firm of land and environmental experts serving the Utility and Infrastructure sectors across the UK. Our company is all about planning for the future. People at Dalcour Maclaren are the most important part of our business and our core values sit at the heart of our company.
So, what is this Land Surveyor role about?
As a Land Surveyor in our busy Geometrics team, you will help to grow and develop our Land Surveying capabilities to provide Topgeographical, Measured Building and Underground Utility Surveys for our clients across the country.
What will I be doing?
You will work closely with Project Managers and Geomatics Specialists to scope, collect, process and visualise survey data in a range of formats. You will ensure that the surveys are designed to meet client and industry requirements using the full range of survey equipment.
You will combine your technical knowledge and experience with full training in our client’s specific areas of expertise and we will provide ongoing mentoring whilst you develop your Land Surveying career including membership of a professional body.
You will bring new ideas to the team, be up to speed with the latest survey equipment and techniques and be given the opportunity to continually innovate to provide cutting edge solutions to our clients.
You will be given responsibility on projects and clients as part of an enthusiastic and dynamic company which prides itself on developing the best in the Utilities and Infrastructure Sectors.
You will be perfect for the role if you …
- Have graduated with a Surveying, Engineering or Geography related degree and have at least 3 years of practical land surveying experience for utility, infrastructure and construction projects.
- Have knowledge and understanding of PAS128 and RICS / CICES survey standards and the importance of applying to every survey we undertake.
- Have good working knowledge of Trimble Survey Equipment – Total Stations, GPS/GNSS, Laser Scanning and Controllers.
- know the applications, strengths and limitations of each technique and be able to discuss and make recommendations to our clients and project teams.
- Will be fully conversant in preparing and processing survey data with Trimble Business Centre and producing 2D and 3D plans and models in AutoCAD.
- Will be comfortable meeting people on site – colleagues, clients, landowners and other stakeholders – and capable of discussing the survey and scheme you are conducting.
- You will be prepared to work away from home (accommodation and meals will be provided).
- You will have great IT skills, be interested in the latest technology and be ready to take on new challenges.
- You will be organised, results-driven, with great attention to detail and love finding solutions to problems.
- Have great verbal and written communication skills.
- May have an interest in rural affairs and experience in utilities, construction or infrastructure (not essential).
If all the above sounds like the perfect role for you, then don’t delay, apply today! We offer flexible working, incising benefits, and a one team ethos.
Dalcour Maclaren and you – your future delivered.
Dalcour Maclaren are an equal opportunities employer.