Escape the mundane!
Great New Opportunities in the East of England & Midlands
We’re keen to speak to driven dynamic individuals with a proven track record of delivering ecological solutions for clients.
Do you have the transferable skills to join an ambitious people focussed organisation who strive to deliver the very best service to their client? Due to continued growth, we have several exciting opportunities across all levels to join our Planning & Environmental team to assist in realising our ambitious company targets. Are you:
- Passionate about building and maintaining client relationships?
- Solution Driven and enthusiastic to use your knowledge of ecology to help clients deliver their projects?
- An experienced ecologist with at least five years’ experience across a range of ecological disciplines?
- Ready for a new challenge in a progressive firm?
- Looking to find a firm who put their people first?
WHAT TO EXPECT
You will live within commuting distance of one of our offices (Bicester, Thetford, Maidstone) and will be mainly office based, working on schemes for clients primarily based across the Midlands, East and South East Anglia providing strategic advice to our well-established client base, particularly in the utilities and infrastructure sectors. Daily office attendance is not essential, as the business offers a flexible approach to remote working, so long as the individual and teams are meeting objectives. Progression is one of our core values and as such we will provide you with development opportunities and mentoring to help you move your career to the next level.
No two days will be the same as you will be working on fast paced utility and infrastructure projects, reporting regularly to the client and liaising with colleagues, stakeholders and landowners to agree scope of work and manage ecological surveys and write and review reports and associated documents.
You will be confident in your ability to provide strategic advice to your clients and successfully deliver numerous projects with the support of a wider team. You will be able to give pragmatic advice, aware of current legislation and policy to provide appropriate assistance and advice to clients and colleagues.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
You will love working as a team player in a dynamic, fast-growing business. You’ll have great verbal and written communication skills and you’ll be ambitious to develop your career and join a business that is on an exciting journey, eager to work in a team where your qualities and abilities get noticed.
As a Senior Ecologist, you will be working on a whole range of schemes small through to large schemes. You will be expected to successfully manage any project through the full lifecycle, from pre-application to implementation and monitoring. The required skills and experience are:
- A degree in Ecology or related discipline, together with membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (ideally Associate or Full membership);
- At least five years’ experience across a range of ecological disciplines including surveys/Ecological Clerk of Works, Preliminary Ecological Appraisal (PEA) and Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA), protected species licensing, and protected sites consents (such as Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) Assents and Habitat Regulations Assessments (HRA)). Experience in undertaking Biodiversity Net gain calculations is also desirable.
- Experience of producing ecological mitigation and enhancement strategies;
- Good knowledge of UK ecology and conservation: protected sites, habitats and species;
- Sound knowledge of UK nature conservation legislation, planning policy and processes;
- Knowledge and experience of working with GIS to record/manage ecological data and producing ecological survey plans;
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues as well as independently and to communicate effectively with a range of external stakeholders, clients and team members;
- Successful track record of delivering high quality technical work and written reports including PEA/EcIA and HRA;
- Proven track record in project management including managing budgets;
- Excellent people management skills including active listening skills;
- Confidence in developing and maintaining relationships with clients;
- Excellent report writing skills; and
- Supporting more junior staff, and appointing and coordinating sub-contractors.
Given the nature of the role a valid UK driving licence and a car (or access to a car) are essential, as is being able to prove you have the right to work in the UK.
OTHER EXCITING ROLES WITH DALCOUR MACLAREN
If you don’t think this role is right for you, but you are keen to work for a growing dynamic business with offices nationwide, please get in contact and we would be happy to keep your CV on file, or discuss other possible opportunities within our business.
Office Location: Bicester, Maidstone, Thetford
- 25 days annual leave + 1 extra day for your birthday + bank holidays
- Flexible working arrangements
- Annual Bonus
- Competitive pension plan
- Private Healthcare
- Professional Development
- Professional membership and training paid
- Yearly Summer & Christmas celebrations
Dalcour Maclaren is committed to equal opportunities for all.
Dalcour Maclaren considers that this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the Home Office Shortage Occupation List. Therefore, Dalcour Maclaren will not support an application for visa sponsorship and all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work for an indefinite period in the UK.