What we do
Dalcour Maclaren have a vision to inspire a fresh approach to land and the environment for a new era. Our people and our values sit at the heart of that and are what sets us apart from our competition.
About the Role
Dalcour Maclaren is a market leader in the Utility and Infrastructure Sectors and our goal is to deploy the very best people and innovative technology to drive a fresh approach.
Our Geomatics Team sits at the heart of our business and drives forward our innovation through the use of the latest spatial data and technology. We believe there is significant potential to advance our services further by focusing on technology, innovation, processes and systems to deliver substantial growth to our Geomatics Team.
We currently operate a highly effective Geomatics Team and are now looking to focus on the longer-term strategy for developing the team and services so that they become a market-leading operation in their own right.
This exciting, new, senior role within the Geomatics Team will, with the existing senior management team, take responsibility for creating and implementing the strategy to enable us to reach our full potential across all services – Land Referencing, Land Surveying and Land Insights and Analysis.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading the development of the long-term Geomatics Team strategy to create and focus the vision of our future services, clients and technology
- Engaging with and communicating the strategy to internal and external stakeholders to ensure full understanding and commitment
- Promoting a culture of ultimate service standards through a dedicated team of consultants and advisers
- Establishing DM as a market-leading Geomatics business across the utility and infrastructure sectors
- Attending and representing DM at industry events to increase our presence and influence across the full range of clients, contractors and collaborators
- Identifying future technology trends and service offerings for DM to research, target and implement to drive new services and opportunities
- Thinking commercially and strategically to ensure our service offering is competitive and complementary to the wider DM business
- Embracing DM’s values, engendering a positive attitude within the workplace
What We’re Looking For
Whilst relevant experience is important, we have an equally strong focus on finding the right personalities, behaviours and traits. Getting the right ‘DM fit’ is essential for our continued growth and development. An ideal candidate would embody the following characteristics:
- Experienced professional with experience across a broad range of Geomatics Services
- Effective thought leader with an eye for the latest technology solutions
- Be ambitious with an ability to think strategically to identify future opportunities and requirements
- A commercial thinker with the potential to drive Business Development
- High customer service levels and mindset to ‘advise’ and not just ‘do’
- People person with experience in managing growing teams
What you’ll get in return
- Vibrant office with free parking
- Fun and transparent work environment
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- A day off on your Birthday!
- Flexible working and family-friendly policies
- Private healthcare
- Company pension contributions
- Lots of charity and social activities
- Training, Learning and Development opportunities
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more