Dalcour Maclaren is one of the leading firms of Chartered Surveyors specialising in providing professional advice to the utility and infrastructure sector. We are a forward thinking and expanding company with a modern outlook. Our employees work hard, enjoy excellent benefits and opportunities and love working for Dalcour Maclaren. Why don’t you consider applying for one of our positions and find out for yourself why so many of our past placements have chosen to return to us full time after graduation.
Our core expertise lies in large scale cross-country linear projects delivered to a wide range of national and regional clients. We also advise our clients on a range of related issues including CPO, planning and development and management strategies on smaller regional schemes throughout the UK.
Summary of role:
This year we will have placement positions at our offices in Maidstone, Crewe, Mansfield, Cirencester Thetford and Bicester. The successful applicants will be assisting Senior Surveyors and Surveyors on projects and will need to be self-assured, have good communication skills, attention to detail and good agricultural knowledge. IT skills are essential along with a willingness to embrace new IT systems. The candidates must have their own car.
Dalcour Maclaren has an RICS approved Structured Training Programme and all of our training is aimed at ensuring that candidates pass the APC/ATC on their first attempt. The successful applicants will be assigned a supervisor and counsellor in line with RICS requirements and will undertake quarterly progress meetings in order to sign off technical and mandatory competencies selected under the APC / ATC programme. The applicant will also be included in all training events relevant to their role within the 12 month period of employment.
What your role would involve:
- Involvement in the day-to-day running of infrastructure projects as instructed by clients in relation to delivering access to public/private land and properties
- Site visits to reference different utility schemes (including renewables, water, gas, electricity & telecoms) and subsequent preparation of reports.
- Correspondence with land agents, property owners, solicitors, local authorities etc.
- The preparation of Statutory Notices and other formalities for entry onto private land.
- Comprehensive research into land sales to assist with both land and property valuations.
- Meetings on site prior to works commencing in order to agree access for works to be undertaken.
- Negotiation of compensation claims including site visits.
- Assisting in providing regular client update reports and attending scheme progress meetings as required.
- Day to day updating of your schemes on our company database
Behaviours & skills required for the role:
- Strong Communicator
- Knowledge of Agriculture
- Basic IT competence
- Team Player
- Willingness to Learn
- Problem Solver
- Health & Safety Awareness
Other areas of DM work:
Dalcour Maclaren also acts for clients in a number of different and diverse areas of work and it is envisaged you will have some exposure to these areas throughout your placement. These include:
- Project Management
- Planning and Development
- Legal Agreements
- Dispute Resolution
- Land Referencing and Data Management
- Agency & acquisition of land
- Property Management
- Lease Renewals
- Compulsory Purchase Orders
- Claims and Negotiations
- Geo Services: GIS, GPS and CAD
What DM can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a friendly, professional environment with like-minded individuals
- Exposure to high profile nationally significant infrastructure projects
- Investment in you in order to help you develop key surveying skills
- Pension scheme
- Participation in DM Graduate Trainee scheme activities
- Flexible Working
- Corporate fund raisers
- Summer & Winter company events
- Regular Office socials
- Accessible office locations with free parking
- 1 Staplehurst Farm, Weston on the Green, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX25 3QU
- 20 Hollingworth Court, Turkey Mill, Ashford Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 5PP
- The East Wing, The Quadrangle, Crewe Hall, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 6UY
- Mansfield i-centre, Oakham Business Park, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18 5BR
- Priory Court, Poulton, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 5JD
- Keystone Innovation Centre, Croxton Road, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24 1JD
If you would like to be considered for a particular location, please ensure to specify it within your application. To be considered for the first round of interviews CVs must be received by Friday 30th November 2018