Associate Director – Nationwide (JR587)
Dalcour Maclaren is an innovative and highly dynamic multi-disciplinary consultancy working on a huge range of exciting and diverse projects for a growing client base within Utilities and Infrastructure – think HS2, Offshore wind farms and Nuclear Energy! We are immensely proud to be working on some of the largest infrastructure projects taking place across the UK (and beyond!) which are instrumental in shaping the future of our planet. If you want to play your part in helping the earth become more sustainable, and to reach NetZero by 2050, you would be making the right choice by joining the team here at Dalcour Maclaren.
As an Associate Director in Surveying you will:
- Manage client/sector contracts, taking ownership in the service provided and the people behind it
- Provide high-level strategic advice to both clients and internal stakeholders
- Initiate and grow strong working relationships with both clients and internal staff, using people’s strengths and acting on feedback and suggestions to drive and improve service delivery
- Put forward innovative ideas, taking responsibility for bringing in new work through networking and cross-selling, with both new and existing clients
- Responsible for time recording and client reporting in the team, maximising billing and continuously seeking financial gains
- Ensure compliance with relevant legal, regulatory, contractual and organisational requirements and policies in own area of responsibility
- Act as an ambassador to the team and wider company by getting involved in engaging and inspiring pitches and presentations both internally and externally to support business and people development to influence the future direction of the company
- Provide supportive line management, holding regular constructive one to ones, empowering individuals by recognising achievements, encouraging feedback and directing effective delegation
- Develop and maintain own strategic knowledge and skills via company run training
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of the application and construction elements of a major project and be able to demonstrate experience of managing client relationships and finances to help deliver each client’s Business Plan goals.
- Display clear commercial awareness and contribute to team and company growth by generating new work from new and existing clients through networking and cross-selling of professional services
- Lead by example, actively promoting the company’s ethos and always engendering positivity to get the best out of people
- Actively support and participate in company groups, initiatives, events and socials
Why Dalcour Maclaren? What makes us different?!
Really and truly, it’s our people and our culture. We are ‘One Team’, and this is the lifeblood of our organisation. We champion new ideas and are fully committed to Corporate Social Responsibility, and our Diversity & Inclusion. Our winning formula for success is investing in the fantastic people within our team to deliver an unparalleled and unique service to our clients. If you are looking to work for a growing organisation who are not afraid to be brave, bold, and push the boundaries to challenge the ‘norm’, then a career with DM should be the one for you!
- Annual performance bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- Private healthcare (through Vitality Health)
- Generous pension scheme
- Life insurance (4x Salary)
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave
- Electric vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles)
- Professional development – paid study leave
- Military service paid leave (7.5 days per year)
- Free on-site parking
- Flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance
- Subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts
- Charity support – volunteering your time encouraged·
- Cycle to work scheme
Dalcour Maclaren are an equal opportunities employer.