Associate Surveyor – Nationwide (JR450)
Dalcour Maclaren is an innovative and highly dynamic multi-disciplinary consultancy working on huge range of exciting and diverse projects for a growing client base within Utilities and Infrastructure – think HS2, Offshore wind farms and Nuclear Energy! We are immensely proud to be working on some of the largest infrastructure projects taking place across the UK (and beyond!) which are instrumental in shaping the future of our planet. If you want to play your part in helping the earth become more sustainable, and to reach NetZero by 2050, you would be making the right choice by joining the team here at Dalcour Maclaren.
Due to continued success and considerable growth across the business, we are looking for Associate Surveyors to support our teams who provide services to clients across Power, Water, Telecoms and Transport. You will act as the driving force in the delivery of specialist advice and services for utilities and infrastructure clients, taking pride in and full ownership of quality of work, financial performance, client satisfaction and team performance. You will also support business growth by instigating new work and new client relationships whilst actively promoting DM’s ethos and leading by example to provide an inspiration to others.
As an Associate Surveyor you will:
- Motivate and manage a team in the delivery of land and property advice and services for our clients
- Set out, manage and review team objectives in line with company business plan and strategies, taking pride in and full ownership of the standard of work, financial performance, client satisfaction and team performance
- Develop strong working relationships with both external clients and stakeholders and own team, holding regular meetings to report on key milestones and acting on feedback and suggestions to drive and improve DM service scores
- Provide ad hoc assistance on other projects to deliver high-level strategic advice, to resolve complex or sensitive issues and seek financial and operational gains
- Monitor and ensure team time recording and client reporting requirements are met, maximising billing and taking responsibility for meeting and exceeding financial targets whilst always maintaining gross margin
- Provide supportive line management, holding regular constructive one-to-ones, empowering individuals by recognising achievements, encouraging feedback and effective delegation whilst also being able to hold difficult conversations
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of the application and construction elements of a major project and be able to demonstrate experience of managing client relationships and finances to help deliver each client’s Business Plan goals.
- Display clear commercial awareness and contribute to team and company growth by generating new work from new and existing clients through networking and cross-selling of professional services
- Lead by example, actively promoting the company’s ethos and always engendering positivity to get the best out of people
- Actively support and participate in company groups, initiatives, events and socials
- Maintain and improve own expert knowledge and skills through company run and specialist CPD
- Ensure compliance with relevant legal, regulatory, contractual and organisational requirements and policies in own area of responsibility
Why Dalcour Maclaren? What makes us different?!
Really and truly, it’s our people and our culture. We are ‘One Team’, and this is the lifeblood of our organisation. We champion new ideas and are fully committed to Corporate Social Responsibility, and our Diversity & Inclusion. Our winning formula for success is investing in the fantastic people within our team to deliver an unparalleled and unique service to our clients. If you are looking to work for a growing organisation who are not afraid to be brave, bold, and push the boundaries to challenge the ‘norm’, then a career with DM should be the one for you!
- Annual performance bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- Private healthcare (through Vitality Health)
- Life insurance (4x Salary)
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave
- Electric vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles)
- Professional development – paid study leave
- Military service paid leave (7.5 days per year)
- Flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts
- Charity support – volunteering your time encouraged
- Cycle to work scheme
Dalcour Maclaren are an equal opportunities employer.