Graduate Surveyor (JR271)
Dalcour Maclaren is an innovative and highly dynamic multi-disciplinary consultancy working on huge range of exciting and diverse projects for a growing client base within Utilities and Infrastructure – think HS2, Offshore wind farms and Nuclear Energy! We are immensely proud to be working on some of the largest infrastructure projects taking place across the UK (and beyond!) which are instrumental in shaping the future of our planet. If you want to play your part in helping the earth become more sustainable, and to reach NetZero by 2050, you would be making the right choice by joining the team here at Dalcour Maclaren.
The Graduate Surveying programme ensures our graduates achieve qualified status through either the MRICS (APC) or AssocRICS (ATC) pathways. Our training programme, coupled with extremely valuable ‘on the job’ experience, enables our graduates to realise their full potential as a working professional, in addition to achieving their ambitions to become the leading surveyors of the future.
As a graduate at DM, you are given the unique opportunity to fully immerse yourself in all aspects of land agency. You will also develop a wide variety of technical competencies required to deliver complex and exciting projects that contribute to the country’s developing infrastructure and sustainability goals. The feedback we receive on our commitment to graduate development and the success of our programme speaks for itself, so why don’t you take a listen to one of our current graduates talk about their experience here: Meet Graduate Surveyor: Alfie Coward – YouTube
As a Graduate Surveyor you will:
- Work as part of a team to deliver land and property advice and services to and on behalf of clients
- Use initiative and a proactive approach to ensure client deadlines and objectives are met, taking ownership in the quality of work delivered
- Develop strong working relationships with clients, and other internal/external stakeholders projecting a positive and professional image of DM and the client at all times
- Play a key role in the team by supporting, communicating and helping your colleagues
- Maintain up-to-date record keeping on all assigned projects and tasks
- Develop personal skills, knowledge and understanding of the utilities and infrastructure profession via company-run and wider training and development
- Provide the business with ad-hoc assistance on other projects when necessary
The successful candidate will:
- Have a RICS accredited or relevant degree which will allow you to sit either your APC or ATC to become MRICS or AssocRICS qualified
- Have a full UK driving licence and your own transport
- Be proactive and results driven
- Be a natural problem solver
- Have some prior experience working in a team or contributing to a project
- Be a great team player and have a can-do attitude
- Embrace DM’s values and contribute positively to the workplace
Why Dalcour Maclaren? What makes us different?!
Really and truly, it’s our people and our culture. We are ‘One Team’, and this is the lifeblood of our organisation. We champion new ideas and are fully committed to Corporate Social Responsibility, and our Diversity & Inclusion. Our winning formula for success is investing in the fantastic people within our team to deliver an unparalleled and unique service to our clients. If you are looking to work for a growing organisation who are not afraid to be brave, bold, and push the boundaries to challenge the ‘norm’, then a career with DM should be the one for you!
- Annual performance bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- Private healthcare (through Vitality Health)
- Generous pension scheme
- Life insurance (4x Salary)
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave
- Electric vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles)
- Professional development – paid study leave
- Military service paid leave (7.5 days per year)
- Flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts
- Charity support – volunteering your time encouraged
- Cycle to work scheme
Dalcour Maclaren are an equal opportunities employer.