People Change Director- Bicester (JR660)
Dalcour Maclaren is an innovative and highly dynamic multi-disciplinary consultancy working on a huge range of exciting and diverse projects for a growing client base within Utilities and Infrastructure – think HS2, Offshore wind farms and Nuclear Energy! We are immensely proud to be working on some of the largest infrastructure projects taking place across the UK (and beyond!) which are instrumental in shaping the future of our planet. If you want to play your part in helping the earth become more sustainable, and to reach NetZero by 2050, you would be making the right choice by joining the team here at Dalcour Maclaren.
As the People Change Director, your role is strategic and integral to optimising the People Service function. You will collaborate closely with the Executive and be accountable to the Performance Team, in the successful delivery of your Business Plan. Across the business, you will provide insights and impartial perspectives to optimise and enhance people-focused services and initiatives aligned with the business’s growth objectives.
Dalcour Maclaren is dedicated to elevating our organisational performance through strategic management of our People Service. We are actively seeking a dynamic Project and Programme-focused People Change Director to lead the charge in owning, optimising, and enhancing our people service and people-focused initiatives. This pivotal role requires a visionary and people-centred leader who can champion operational excellence, foster the ongoing development of a high-performance team, drive strategies aligned with our business goals and ensure effective implementation of policies that contribute to business success.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Collaborate with the Performance Team to take ownership of the People Service function, providing strategic insights and identifying opportunities for optimisation.
- Drive optimisation and enhancement of the People Service function through engaging communication, stakeholder management, and a robust project management approach.
- Foster the adoption of new practices and technologies to elevate service delivery.
- Lead multiple initiatives within the People Service domain, ensuring seamless program delivery.
- Advocate for innovation and explore technological solutions to improve service levels, collaborating with relevant teams.
- Execute initiatives within established budgets and timelines, leveraging resources and support services.
- Implement effective management techniques to motivate and empower team members at all levels.
- Lead and manage the People Service team, fostering a collaborative and performance-driven culture.
- Instill a unified ‘One Team’ DM approach across the organisation.
Reporting and Accountability:
- Maintain regular communication with the Performance Team, providing updates on initiative progress against approved plans.
- Ensure transparency and alignment with the company’s vision for People Service optimisation and enhancement.
Delivery of role
The People Change Director will be a key driver in optimising and enhancing the People Service function, collaborating with designated staff and engaging stakeholders across the business. Success will be measured through feedback on the positive impact of People Service optimisation and enhancement on Dalcour Maclaren from all levels of the organisation.
Integrated People Service Structure: Establish a cohesive, streamlined, process-led and tech-driven People Service structure across key pillars, fostering collaboration and synergy.
Enhanced Operational Efficiency: Drive operational efficiency through the adoption of innovative practices and technologies, leveraging the capabilities of Workday.
Talent Strategies Alignment: Align talent strategies with business goals to ensure a workforce ready to support ambitious growth targets.
Data-Informed Decision-Making: Promote data-driven decision-making, utilising insights from Workday to inform strategic choices and enhance People Service delivery.
Competitive Positioning and Market Leadership: Positively influence competitive positioning within the sector, positioning Dalcour Maclaren as a market leader in people practices and operational excellence.
Leadership Development: Support the professional development of team members within each pillar, cultivating leadership skills and ensuring a capable and empowered workforce.
Key Performance Indicators
Successful Initiative Completion: Ensure all People Service initiatives are completed within set budgets and timelines.
Process-led People Function: Achieve the continued transition to a process-led People Function across the entire delivery landscape.
Adoption of New Practices: Achieve high adoption rates of new methods and technologies within the People Service function.
Operational Efficiency: Measure and demonstrate improvement in operational efficiency and service levels.
Team Performance: Enhance team performance and collaboration within the People Service team.
Strategic Milestones: Achieve key milestones in line with the overall strategic goals of People Service optimisation.
Stakeholder Feedback: Gather positive feedback from stakeholders at all levels of the organisation on the impact of People Service optimisation and enhancement.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience, and Knowledge:
- Proven experience in leading and optimising people-focused initiatives.
- Project management certifications and a track record of successfully delivering initiatives on time and within budget.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think through business implications and barriers to excellence.
- Exceptional people-focussed leadership and team management skills, demonstrating commitment to the professional development of team members.
- Familiarity with technological advancements and a willingness to explore opportunities for innovation.
- Ability to critically evaluate multiple strategic options and conduct in-depth market research.
- Strong communication skills to relate information and ideas effectively to diverse audiences.
Why Dalcour Maclaren? What makes us different?!
Really and truly, it’s our people and our culture. We are ‘One Team’, and this is the lifeblood of our organisation. We champion new ideas and are fully committed to Corporate Social Responsibility, and our Diversity & Inclusion. Our winning formula for success is investing in the fantastic people within our team to deliver an unparalleled and unique service to our clients. If you are looking to work for a growing organisation who are not afraid to be brave, bold, and push the boundaries to challenge the ‘norm’, then a career with DM should be the one for you!
- Annual performance bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- Private healthcare (through Vitality Health)
- Generous pension scheme
- Life insurance (4x Salary)
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave
- Electric vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles)
- Professional development – paid study leave
- Military service paid leave (7.5 days per year)
- Flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts
- Charity support – volunteering your time encouraged
- Cycle to work scheme
Dalcour Maclaren are an equal opportunities employer.