Senior Built Heritage Consultant (JR583)
Dalcour Maclaren is an innovative and highly dynamic multi-disciplinary consultancy working on a huge range of exciting and diverse projects for a growing client base within Utilities and Infrastructure – think HS2, Offshore wind farms and Nuclear Energy! We are immensely proud to be working on some of the largest infrastructure projects taking place across the UK (and beyond!) which are instrumental in shaping the future of our planet. If you want to play your part in helping the earth become more sustainable, and to reach NetZero by 2050, you would be making the right choice by joining the team here at Dalcour Maclaren.
Our work spans many sizes and types of utility and infrastructure projects with blue chip companies, whereby we assist them with a considerable range of development schemes. As a Senior Built Heritage Consultant you will be managing and contributing to a wide variety of projects, including new capital schemes and property portfolio development appraisals, securing relevant consents across all utilities and infrastructure sectors.
As a Senior Built Heritage Consultant you will:
- Take the lead in the preparation and delivery of a range of heritage services and projects
- Screen, scope, plan and coordinate projects ensuring compliance with relevant national and regional guidance, legislation and standards and guidance
- Provide heritage advice for all clients, with a specific focus on the utilities and renewable energy sectors
- Prepare and deliver a range of heritage-related reports
- Review designs and scopes of works and provide strategic advice on a wide variety of constraints, mitigation opportunities and proportionate responses to the proposals
- Support internal and external teams in liaising with clients, Local Authority officers and stakeholders on a wide range of utility and built-development projects
- Offer the wider archaeological, heritage and environmental team assistance on other projects and actively promote cross-selling of services
- Develop a breadth of knowledge and be required to research, understand and offer advice on heritage considerations and requirements in relation to a range of infrastructure, utilities and land development projects
- Mentor and provide support and development to more junior members of the Team
The successful candidate will:
- Have a full UK driving licence
- Have a relevant degree and have achieved, or be working towards, accreditation with IHBC or CIfA (Associate grade)
- Have sound multi-period knowledge of the development of British architecture and historic landscapes and the UK’s legislative, consultancy and national planning policy framework
- Have 3+ years’ experience in completing desk-based assessment works: producing or contributing to a wide variety of desk-based assessments for archaeology and heritage: Heritage Statements (HS) and Impact Assessments (HIA), Environmental Impact Assessment chapters (EIA), Environment Scoping Reports, appraisals for Site Constraints and Permitted Development Assessments and Listed Building Consents applications
- Be commercially aware, enabling you to understand client needs and requirements when undertaking negotiations with stakeholders
- Be an excellent communicator with experience of undertaking stakeholder, curator, and client liaison
- Have good knowledge of GIS systems and an understanding of technical disciplines
- Experience of other relevant computer applications such as CAD, Sketchup is desirable
- Historic Building Surveying skills to HE Level 3 is desirable
Why Dalcour Maclaren? What makes us different?!
Really and truly, it’s our people and our culture. We are ‘One Team’, and this is the lifeblood of our organisation. We champion new ideas and are fully committed to Corporate Social Responsibility, and our Diversity & Inclusion. Our winning formula for success is investing in the fantastic people within our team to deliver an unparalleled and unique service to our clients. If you are looking to work for a growing organisation who are not afraid to be brave, bold, and push the boundaries to challenge the ‘norm’, then a career with DM should be the one for you!
- Annual performance bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- Private healthcare (through Vitality Health)
- Generous pension scheme
- Life insurance (4x Salary)
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave
- Electric vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles)
- Professional development – paid study leave
- Military service paid leave (7.5 days per year)
- Flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts
- Charity support – volunteering your time encouraged
- Cycle to work scheme
Dalcour Maclaren are an equal opportunities employer.