Senior Planner (JR439)
At Dalcour Maclaren, we are different – we challenge the norm.
Every day we deliver the future by playing our part in building sustainable and improved infrastructure across the UK and beyond. We provide a full range of services across the Power, Water, Telecoms and Transport sectors.
Our winning formula for success is to focus on the fantastic people within our team whom we value, trust, develop and empower. We offer an A* service to our portfolio of blue-chip clients and have grown year on year to become one of the leaders in the infrastructure and utility sectors.
Our work spans many sizes and types of utility and infrastructure projects with blue chip companies, whereby we assist them with a considerable range of development schemes. As Senior Environmental Planner, you will be managing and contributing to a variety of projects, including new capital schemes and property portfolio development appraisals, securing planning consents across all utilities and infrastructure sectors. For this role, you will either be working towards or have achieved MRTPI.
As a Senior Planner you will:
- Take the lead in the preparation and delivery of a range of environmental planning services and projects, such as: feasibility assessments, site appraisals, planning strategies
- Screen, scope, plan and coordinate projects ensuring compliance with relevant Environmental and Planning related guidance, legislation and policy as applied in the UK
- Provide planning advice at the design and feasibility stage for capital projects for all utility clients
- Prepare and deliver a range of planning and technical-related reports (including planning appraisals, and planning applications for projects and sites with varying levels of environmental sensitivities)
- Review planning opportunities and provide strategic advice on a wide variety of property types promoting land for development, as well as preparing and submitting pre-application checks, planning applications and appeals
- Advise clients on permitted development rights for key infrastructure projects and linear schemes progressing planning applications
- Support internal and external teams in liaising with clients, Local Authority planning officers and stakeholders on a wide range of utility and built-development projects
- Offer the wider Environmental and Planning team assistance on other projects and actively promote cross-selling of services
- Develop a breadth of knowledge and be required to research, understand and offer advice on environmental and planning considerations and requirements in relation to a range of infrastructure, utilities and land development projects
- Mentor and provide support and development to more junior members of the Team
The successful candidate will:
- Have a relevant planning degree and have achieved, or be working towards, chartered membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI)
- Have sound analytical and presentation skills coupled with great written and verbal communication skills; ideally you will be able to write and prepare fee proposals for the work you undertake and advise others when inputting into larger multi-disciplinary projects
- Be commercially aware, enabling you to understand client needs and requirements when undertaking negotiations with stakeholders
- Be an excellent communicator with the willingness to learn and develop
- Have good knowledge of GIS systems and an understanding of environmental technical disciplines
- Be self-motivated and organised
- Have a full UK driving licence
- Be a great team player and have a can-do attitude
Benefit package highlights
- Annual performance bonus scheme
- Private Healthcare (through Vitality Health)
- Life Insurance (4x Salary)
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave
- Electric Vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles)
- Professional Development – paid study leave
- Military Service paid leave (7.5 days per year)
- Flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- Subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts
- Charity support – volunteering your time encouraged
- Cycle to work Scheme
Please note: Salary package is flexible depending on level of experience.
Dalcour Maclaren are an equal opportunities employer.