Senior Surveyor – East Midlands (JR385)
At Dalcour Maclaren we are different – we challenge the norm.
Every day we deliver the future by playing our part in building sustainable and improved infrastructure across the UK and beyond. We provide a full range of services across the Power, Water, Telecoms and Transport sectors, and have grown year on year to become one of the leaders in the infrastructure and utility sectors. Our winning formula for success is to focus on the fantastic people within our team whom we value, trust, develop and empower.
We are looking for a Senior Surveyor to join our successful Power Networks team and be at the forefront of innovative projects delivering sustainable and improved infrastructure across the country.
As a Senior Surveyor you will:
- provide a significant contribution in delivering land and property advice and services to and on behalf of utilities and infrastructure clients
- develop strong working relationships with senior client personnel as well as internal and external stakeholders including contractors, consultants, landowners and occupiers, holding challenging conversations, successfully managing expectations and discussing feedback to improve the level of service provided
- maintain up-to-date record keeping on all projects and tasks you are working on including meeting notes, comprehensive file updates and records of activities to monitor and review progress, manage billing and provide key client updates
- monitor and support the development of more junior members of staff, sharing own experience to support the development of people in the wider organisation whilst maintaining and improving your knowledge and skills through specialist CPD.
- develop line management skills, where applicable, provide constructive line management to line reports, engaging in regular progress review and feedback meetings, delegating tasks effectively and showing genuine interest in their welfare and development
- Actively participate and support company groups, initiatives, events and social activities, promoting DM’s values and always engendering a positive attitude within the workplace
- Complete work in compliance with relevant legal, regulatory and organisational policies and requirements
The successful candidate will:
- be a natural problem solver and enjoy delivering results
- be experienced in leading a team or projects
- be a great team player and have a can-do attitude
- ideally have previous CPO / DCO experience
- hold either MRICS or AssocRICS accreditation, ideally with 2+ years PQE
- have a full UK driving licence
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer:
- annual performance bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- private healthcare (through Vitality Health)
- life insurance (4x Salary)
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave
- electric vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles)
- professional development – paid study leave
- military service paid leave (7.5 days per year)
- flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance
- free on-site parking
- subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts
- charity support – volunteering your time encouraged
- cycle to work scheme
Dalcour Maclaren are an equal opportunities employer.