Senior Surveyor – Nationwide (JR448)
At Dalcour Maclaren we are different – we challenge the norm. Every day we deliver the future by playing our part in building sustainable and improved infrastructure across the UK and beyond. We provide a full range of services across the Power, Water, Telecoms and Transport sectors. Our winning formula for success is to focus on the fantastic people within our team whom we value, trust, develop and empower. We offer an A* service to our portfolio of blue-chip clients and have grown year on year to become one of the leaders in the infrastructure and utility sectors.
Due to continued success and considerable growth across the business, we are looking for Senior Surveyors to support our teams who provide services to clients across Power, Water, Telecoms and Transport. Your workload will be incredibly varied and vital to our clients, giving you the opportunity to join us at a very exciting time! The Surveyor role will suit a MRICS/AssocRICS qualified surveyor from either a commercial or rural surveying background. Your surveying knowledge will place you at the forefront of key new projects within our friendly and dynamic team.
As a Surveyor you will:
- To work as part of a DM team to deliver land and property advice and services to and on behalf of clients.
- Deliver a range of tasks and/or schemes, with assistance and consultation with senior team members, to a high standard. Using initiative and a proactive approach to ensure client deadlines and objectives are met, taking pride and ownership in the quality of work delivered.
- Develop strong working relationships with client personnel and internal and external stakeholders including contractors, consultants, landowners and occupiers, holding professional conversations, managing expectations and discussing feedback to improve the level of service provided.
- To maintain up-to-date record keeping on all projects and tasks you are working on including meeting notes, comprehensive file updates and records of activities.
- Support the development of more junior members of staff when required and, if applicable, develop line management skills and provide constructive line management to own direct reports, engaging in regular progress review and feedback meetings and delegating tasks effectively.
- Share own experience to support the development of people in the wider organisation whilst maintaining and improving your knowledge and skills through specialist CPD.
- Participate in and support company groups, initiatives, events and social activities and embrace DM’s values, engendering a positive attitude within the workplace.
- Complete work in compliance with relevant legal, regulatory and organisational policies and requirements.
The successful candidate will be:
- MRICS/AssocRICS qualified
- A natural problem solver and enjoy delivering results
- Experienced in leading a team or projects
- A great team player and have a can-do attitude
- Commercially aware, enabling you to understand client needs and requirements when undertaking negotiations with stakeholders
- Self-motivated and organised
- Have a full UK driving licence
Why Dalcour Maclaren? What makes us different?!
Really and truly, it’s our people and our culture. We are ‘One Team’, and this is the lifeblood of our organisation. We champion new ideas and are fully committed to Corporate Social Responsibility, and our Diversity & Inclusion. Our winning formula for success is investing in the fantastic people within our team to deliver an unparalleled and unique service to our clients. If you are looking to work for a fast paced, growing organisation who are not afraid to be brave, bold, and push the boundaries to challenge the ‘norm’, then a career with DM should be the one for you!
Benefit package highlights
- Annual performance bonus scheme
- Private Healthcare (through Vitality Health)
- Life Insurance (4x Salary)
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave
- Electric Vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles)
- Professional Development – paid study leave
- Military Service paid leave (7.5 days per year)
- Flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- Subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts
- Charity support – volunteering your time encouraged
- Cycle to work Scheme