Dalcour Maclaren is an innovative and highly dynamic multi-disciplinary consultancy working on a huge range of exciting and diverse projects for a growing client base within Utilities and Infrastructure – think HS2, Offshore wind farms and Nuclear Energy! We are immensely proud to be working on some of the largest infrastructure projects taking place across the UK (and beyond!), which are instrumental in shaping the future of our planet. If you want to play your part in helping the planet become more sustainable and reach NetZero by 2050, you would be making the right choice by joining the team here at Dalcour Maclaren.
Following our continuous growth, we are recruiting an ambitious Surveyor to join our team in Bristol and be at the forefront of exciting utility and infrastructure projects in the country.
As a Surveyor you will:
- Deliver land and property advice and services to and on behalf of clients.
- Deliver a range of tasks and/or schemes to a high standard. Using initiative and a proactive approach to ensure client deadlines and objectives are met, taking pride and ownership in the quality of work delivered.
- Develop strong working relationships with client personnel and internal and external stakeholders, including contractors, consultants, land owners and occupiers, holding professional conversations, managing expectations and discussing feedback to improve the level of service provided.
- Support the development of more junior members of staff when required and, if applicable, develop line management skills and provide constructive line management to own direct reports, engaging in regular progress review and feedback meetings and delegating tasks effectively.
- Share your own experience to support the development of people in the wider organisation whilst maintaining and improving your knowledge and skills through specialist CPD.
- Participate in and support company groups, initiatives, events and social activities and embrace DM’s values, creating a positive attitude within the workplace.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold either MRICS or AssocRICS qualified
- Have a full UK driving licence
- Be experienced in leading a team or projects
- Be a natural problem solver
- Enjoy delivering results with a team
- Be a great team player and have a can-do attitude
Why Dalcour Maclaren? What makes us different?!
Really and truly, it’s our people and our culture. We are ‘One Team’, and this is the lifeblood of our organisation. We champion new ideas and are fully committed to our Corporate Social Responsibility and Diversity & Inclusion. Our winning formula for success is investing in the fantastic people within our team to deliver an unparalleled and unique service to our clients. If you want to work for a growing organisation that is not afraid to be bold and push the boundaries to challenge the ‘norm’, then a career with DM should be the one for you!
- Annual performance bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day to celebrate your birthday
- Private healthcare (through Vitality Health)
- Generous pension scheme
- Life insurance (4x Salary)
- 26 Weeks paid Maternity Leave
- 2 Weeks paid Paternity Leave
- Electric vehicle purchase (provided by Octopus Electric Vehicles)
- Professional development – paid study leave
- Military service paid leave (7.5 days per year)
- Flexible working through our ‘Flexible Advantage’ supporting working families & your work/life balance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised gym membership and other Vitality Member discounts
- Charity support – volunteering your time encouraged
- Cycle to work scheme
Dalcour Maclaren is an equal opportunities employer.