Delivering innovative nature-based solutions that work for your project
Drawing together knowledge and experience from our in-house teams of ecologists, planning experts and land specialists, we provide strategic nature-based advice to help our clients tackle major challenges, From wetlands, reedbeds for tertiary treatment, SuDS, flood mitigation measures, catchment management and everything in between – we combine cutting-edge technology with scalable and cost-effective nature-based solutions to meet our client’s needs.
Environment and Planning
- Biodiversity baseline assessments
- Ecological expertise and optioneering support
- Specialist planning advice and liaising with Local Planning Authorities
- Supporting the creation of BNG plans and all planning documents
- Knowledge of statutory metric calculations
- Feasibility studies, including cost benefit analysis
Land & Property
- Advising on strategic use of land
- Securing land agreements
- Registration of BNG units and process management
- Purchase and sale of BNG units
Geomatics and Mapping
- Mapping of Local Planning LNRS areas
- Mapping of existing & potential BNG sites
- Creating bespoke dashboards for clients
What are Nature-based Solutions?
Nature-based solutions focus on the restoration, management, and protection of natural ecosystems. They are critical for sustainable economic development and are a means of investing in and maintaining natural and social capital through restoring ecosystems, reversing biodiversity loss, managing water and tackling the negative effects of climate change on infrastructure and society.
What is Biodiversity Net Gain?
Biodiversity net gain (BNG) is a carefully designed set of measures that developers must follow to deliver a 10% biodiversity net gain on new projects in England.
Developments covered by the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 are now required to assess the current biodiversity value of the natural habitats on-site and produce a plan to ensure that the 10% Biodiversity Net Gain requirement is met once the development or project is complete.
Get in Touch
Discover how our team of experts can support you.